We provide a wide range of services as specified by NHS General Medical Services (GMS) contract.
- GP consultations (face to face/ telephone)
- Coronary heart disease clinics
- Asthma clinics
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease clinics
- Diabetes clinics
- Cervical cytology screening
- Women’s health, including Contraceptive advice, Cervical smears Chlamydia screening.
- Contraceptive services
- Child health surveillance
- Maternity services - in conjunction with local midwives
- 6 weeks baby check
- Vaccinations and child immunisations
- NHS Health Check
- Quality improvement scheme for Asylum Seekers, Refugees and Travellers
- Minor surgery procedures (Steroid joint injections)
- Minors surgery removal of certain skin lesions (subject to approval)
You are welcome to register with our practice if you reside within our catchment area. A map is available at the reception for you to check. Generally we cover an area with post code L4, L5 & L6.
To register a new born baby you will have to bring the certificate from the Registrar of births.
If you are visiting our area, you could obtain our medical services by registering as a temporary patient. Ask the receptionist.
We currently train F2 doctors - these are junior doctors who are in their second year after qualifying from their 5 year medical school degree. They do 4 month rotations here to get a flavour of general practice under the supervision of one of the GP Partners. We hope that all of the F2 doctors we train will enjoy their experience at Mere Lane and will be encouraged to go down the General Practice training route to become GPs one day!
We also have midwife, district nurse, community matron, pharmacists attached to our practice who work in collaboration with the practice.
MERE LANE NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH CENTER provides following patient services:-
- Phlebotomy (taking blood samples) - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Anti coagulation clinic
- Physiotherapy service
- Fag end (stop smoking support - every Monday)