Patients have the right to:
- Have a registered named GP
- Be offered an appropriate health check
- Get necessary medical treatment and care
- Receive appropriate prescription for medications
- Referred to hospital and consultants for a specialist opinion, when appropriate
- Be involved in decisions around their treatment and care
- Be treated with dignity and respect, with due regard for age, sex, religious persuasion, sexual orientation, racial origin, cultural and linguistic background, and any disability
Patients have the responsibility to:
- Not to display / behave in aggressive or abusive manner irrespective of situation. Practice reserves the right to remove the patient from the list.
- Comply with polices and protocols of the practice.
- Attend or cancel a booked appointment
Please visit The NHS Constitution For England for more information about patient and staff rights and responsibilities.