We provide a wide range of services as specified by the NHS General Medical Services (GMS) contract.
- GP consultations for all manner of medical problems.
- Chronic Disease management, e.g Heart disease, Stroke, Diabetes, Asthma, COPD
- Women’s health, including Contraceptive advice, Cervical smears Chlamydia screening.
- Pregnancy care—antenatal and postnatal care.
- Child care including 6 week checks.
- Palliative care for the terminally ill patients. We are registered as a Gold Standard Frame work practice.
- Minor surgery - steroid joint injections and surgical removal of certain skin lesions.
- Vaccinations & Immunisations for children and adults. We offer travel vaccinations as well for those who qualify. Please note that there is a charge for certain vaccines which do not fall under the GMS contract and will be provided via a non NHS private fee (check when you book the appointment with the Nurse)
- NHS health check for adults
We currently train F2 doctors - these are junior doctors who are in their second year after qualifying from their 5 year medical school degree. They do 4 month rotations here to get a flavour of general practice under the supervision of one of the GP Partners. We hope that all of the F2 doctors we train will enjoy their experience at Mere Lane and will be encouraged to go down the General Practice training route to become GPs one day!